In Career Mode編集
Richard Short's goal is to get Tag to sponsor for Conservative Motors.
Uncle Richard tries multiple times to get Tag to sponsor his company without any luck. He learned he needed a different way to force Tag into the contract, so he plants a Bomb in Tag's Kart, and it later sabotages his boom box and damages The Chief with it. This drives Tag to sign his contract to save Mom's Paint Shop, and continue racing with a different outfit while sponsoring Conservative Motors.
While Tag is sponsoring Conservative Motors, Richard acts as Tag's Chief, taking over his usual position of helping Tag. Unfortunately, the Chief recovered from his coma and revealed that his Boom Box is not destroyed from the crash, so Tag could stop sponsoring CM.
Later on, after hearing that Tag won the Grand Tour, despite Tag long abandoning his siding with Conservative Motors, Richard claims since Tag signed his contract, Conservative Motors had won. His plan suddenly backfires when he gets arrested by the ModNation Police Department. They had discovered that he planted his bomb on Tag's Kart and what the resulting explosion did to Tag's kart and the Chief. Turns out he actually lost.
- He was also called 'Ricky' by Tag's mom, but he disapproved of the name.
- A joke by PS users is that he owns HONDA.
- There is a Conservative Motors billboard prop that can be used in custom tracks with him on it that says, "Putting the ordinary in extraordinary."
- "Are you supossed to be sliding around like that? Oh, hey, nice work."
- "Someone is SO getting fired for this!"
- "It's Richard!"
- "So, you made it one lap without falling off. Whaddya want, a cake?! That's your job!"
- "Easy takedown! Like tagging hippos at the zoo."
- "Set 'em up, knock 'em down."